Thursday, April 29, 2010

Live at the Metro!

Tuesday nights. For many, a wasteland of unfulfilled weekend potential coupled with workaday blues. Thank heavens that we, the lucky ones, have music to stave off the grim realities.
The new open mic session at the Metropolitan Hotel kicked off on Tuesday night. A good-sized crowd of performers and listeners came along, and it was a pleasure to take the stage about half-way through the evening. I played a few of my own, including a brand new song - tentatively entitled Wish I Was You - before singing Working Class Hero and Around and Around with a couple of my musical mates, Stewart and Lindsay respectively. The venue appears to be a friendly & supportive environment and will provide encouragement to all performers, be they newbies or old salts. All up it was jolly good fun and something I am keen to repeat. Tuesdays are back.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment