Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kind of Blue

Some things in life are just brilliant. This morning, as I settled into my early routine, I looked for something to listen to. I selected Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. Wow.
What a fabulous record. Now, I know almost as little about jazz as John Howard knows about grace and humility but, as the saying goes, I know what I like. If you wanted to explain jazz to visitors from another planet, you'd play Kind of Blue. Or, at least, I would.
It made me want to crack open one of my Kerouac books and just read along. Which would have sounded awful, but there you go. I wanted to put on my sharpest, darkest suit, smoke Gitanes and drink strong coffee while I appreciated the beauty of ordinary things.
But I just made breakfast instead.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment