Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bike

It is fair to say that I have been neglecting an important aspect of my life in recent months. Something that plays a big part in maintaining my physical and mental fitness. Something that is both challenging and rewarding, almost in equal measures. Something that is quite serious, but also a great deal of fun. Something important to me.

I haven't been out on my bike.

The dark and cold mornings have been a disincentive, I have been very busy with music & writing and, if I am honest, I have almost enjoyed the break. Fortunately, the wheel is turning (if you will pardon the pun) and the time feels right to correct my orientation slightly.
Even though I ride a mountain bike, the Tour de France tends to inspire. To put it simply, it is great TV. The competition, the tactics, the drama, the expert commentary and (not least) the scenery all combine to provide hours of great viewing.
I have also been asked to write an article for a magazine about a week-long bike tour I embarked upon a few years ago, so that has caused me to reflect on my cycling adventures generally.
There's a big ride in the Flinders Ranges in September, so I will need to be fit for that.
So, you could say that the encouragement and incentive is there.
I won't be riding straight away; I have to go on holiday. But the moment I return, I will be back on the bike.
You just watch me.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment