Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mawson: Aftermath

After three nights of sleeping in my own bed, things are beginning to return to normal. I am still trying to shake off the cold, so periods of feeling like a wet rag are common. I'd be lying though if I denied that some of the general feeling of fatigue was due to the ride itself. Apart from these minor maladies, I am just about back in the fold.
I haven't attended to the bike or the camping gear yet, but all my washing has been done, as well as the various other administrative tasks. Maps, blogs, emails, notes, ride guides, journals...
I am keen to keep my fitness levels up, and to learn more about my bike. Once my head clears, and if the weather is kind, I hope to be traversing the trails at Eagle Park. It's right on my doorstep and I am embarrassed to admit that I've never ridden there.

For now though, I need to turn my head back to being a musician - After a couple of weeks away, there's much to be done.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment