Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blaxploitation and Zombies

Having a little time on your hands can be a wonderful thing. I've had the pleasure of watching a few low-budget classics while I've been on leave.
Penitentiary (I & II), The Black Godfather, Zombie Flesh Eaters, Sugar Hill (1974 version), The Big Doll House, The Black Street Fighter, The Big Bird Cage, Zombie Holocaust and The Black Six have all been part of my holiday viewing schedule. I've found this concentrated experience to be a most enjoyable ride.
Most of these films look like they were made on a budget of around a thousand bucks. Some of the dialogue is cringeworthy, but the majority is just plain B-movie gold. The perfect antidote for the winter blues.

Oh, and just to remind myself that there other types of films, I've also watched the excellent Lost in Translation and Adaptation.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment