Wednesday, August 31, 2011

the last metro

The open mic at The Metropolitan bit the dust last night. It didn't come as a huge shock; attendances have been pretty poor for a while now. It is disappointing personally though because I always found it to be a good night out.
For the last hurrah, regulars were invited to play a few songs out in the band room at the back of the pub.
A good sized crowd turned up to support the evening's performance, and I enjoyed the chance to get up and play. My good mate Lindsay joined me for the show, singing and playing three songs he'd never played before. My facebook song went down well, and choosing to play Werewolves of London immediately afterwards proved a good decision. It has been some time since I've played before such an obviously engaged crowd, it's just a shame that we couldn't have gotten a few more to the Tuesday night venue through the winter.

Oh well, one door closes, another one slams in your face.

www.bleakumbrella.com

No comments:

Post a Comment